MySQL provide standard database driver connectivity for using MySQL with applications and tools that are compatible with industry standards ODBC and JDBC. This enables MySQL to work easily with standard development tools on Windows, Linux, Macintosh and Unix platforms. Any system that works with ODBC or JDBC can use MySQL.
- Connector/ODBC: Standardized database driver Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Unix platforms.
- Connector/J: Standardized database driver for Java platforms and development.
- Connector/Net: Standardized database driver for .NET platforms and development.
- Connector/MXJ: MBean for embedding the MySQL server in Java applications.
- MySQL native driver for PHP - mysqlnd: The MySQL native driver for PHP is an additional, alternative way to connect from PHP 6 to the MySQL Server 4.1 or newer.
MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1
Version 5.1 of the MyODBC driver is now released by MySQL AB and available for download. An ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) driver enables client programs to access a database or data source. The new version 5.1 MySQL ODBC driver is a greatly enhanced successor version to the existing MyODBC 3.51, rewritten to follow the ODBC 5.1x specifications. It provides complete and up-to-date ODBC functionality when accessing any MySQL database. This latest version is available under the GPL license as well as under commercial license.
MySQL Connector/Net 5.1
Connector/Net 5.1 is the most exciting release of MySQL's fully managed ADO.Net provider to date. Some of the most user-requested features have been included. For example:
- Support for fully commented stored procedures.
- Support for Compact Framework 2.0.
- Support for ASP.Net 2.0 Membership and Role systems.
This release also represents a change in the product packaging. In the past, MySQL AB provided separate downloads for MySQL AB Visual Studio integration product. this product has been merge into a single installer For a better "out of box" experience.
NOTE: By downloading the software from this page, you acknowledge that the software available from here is licensed under the GPL. We advise that you review the GPL before downloading. If you need commercial, non-GPL, licenses, you can order them online.
MySQL Connector/J 5.1
MySQL Connector/J is the official JDBC driver for MySQL. Connector/J 5.1 includes support for JDBC-4.0 functionality, including:
- Ease-of-development features including auto-registration with the DriverManager via the service provider mechanism, standardized Connection validity checks and categorized SQLExceptions based on recoverability/retry-ability and class of the underlying error.
- Unwrapping to interfaces that include vendor extensions
- Support for XML processing via JAXP interfaces to DOM, SAX and StAX
- Support for setting per-connection client information (which can be viewed in the comments section of a query via "SHOW PROCESSLIST" on a MySQL server, or can be extended to support custom persistence of the information via a public interface)
- Support for JDBC-4.0 NCHAR, NVARCHAR and NCLOB types
MySQL native driver for PHP - mysqlnd
The MySQL native driver for PHP is an additional, alternative way to connect from PHP 5 and PHP 6 to the MySQL Server 4.1 or newer. It is a replacement for the libmysql, the MySQL Client Library. From now on you can use ext/mysqli either together with libmysql as you did in the past or with mysqlnd.
MySQL AB have no plans to remove libmysql support from ext/mysqli, which would break existing applications. They just add a new, superior alternative to their PHP offerings.
MySQL Visual Studio Plugin 1.02
MySQL Tools for Visual Studio is a package that integrates seamlessly into Visual Studio 2005. This package is currently available under a commercial, no-charge binary license but we are planning to release the source code under an approved open source license within the next few weeks.
The package provides the following features:
- DDEX capability
- Database object manipulation (tables, stored procedures, etc)
Publisher : MySQL AB
Download MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1 (Windows MSI Installer) : Here (4.1 MB)
Download MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1 (Linux non RPM packages) : Here (4.3 MB)
Download MySQL Connector/Net 5.1 (sources): Here (3.7 MB)
Download Connector/J 5.1 (ZIP): Here (8.4 MB)
Download MySQL native driver for PHP - mysqlnd Sourcode (tar.gz): Here
Download MySQL Visual Studio Plugin 1.02 (ZIP): Here (650 KB)